8.12.2013

Summer Fun in China

Hola friends. How goes it? How was your weekends'? I hope fabulous. Ours was great! We welcomed a new expat to Qingdao, whom I'm sure you'll see pictures of soon, went to our good friends coffee business launch party, which included free coffee, so obviously it was awesome and chillllled out. Actually, we weren't really chill, considering it was like 100+ degrees here.

It's hecka hot. I have to squeegee my upper lip sweat like every 5 minutes, which is super sexy, I know. It's making all the guys around me stumble for sure. With the air on full blast in the house it still only feels slightly cool. It feels like Texas. :) Which is great, since it reminds me of home!

Summer is pretty sweet though, isn't it? I think I could really get used to this whole not working thing for the 2 months we get off every summer as teachers. So, thankful for that. All you teachers out there, can I get an amen?! Amen!

For the next 3 weeks  Qingdao is hosting the famous Qingdao Beer Festival which means the beaches, streets, taxis and buses are supper crowded! 
I'm pretty sure there should be health codes against this. 

This huge influx of people also means more stares for us.  Since there are people coming from all over China, many whom have never seen a foreigner in person, to the beer festival, this guarantees we have huge crowds of people watching us at all times, which means we can't pick our nose in public anymore. Dang. But it is kind of fun to see the city come alive. Everyone is so excited to be here and it reminds me of how lucky we are to live in this awesome coastal city. 
 Maybe I should get one of these face masks people have been sporting around here. It will help keep my face cool, protect my skin from the dangers of the sun and hide the fact that I'm not Chinese. It's a win, win really. I could pick my nose, buy groceries, go running and no one would even notice. I'd blend right in. I don't know why I don't buy one of these babies right this second! 


This is really all the randomness I have for you today. Could you pray for me friends? My heart is acting up. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. Pray that I trust God with the information He gives me. Pray for wisdom for my doctor. And pray for healing! 

Also tomorrow, my mom has an important doctor's appointment. Without going into too much detail, could you pray for healing for her, too!? 

You guys.... I love ya. Have an awesome Monday. 

1 comment :

Beka @ Sunshine to the Square Inch said...

How did your doctor's appointment go? I'll be praying and hope it all is ok.

Pin It button on image hover