11.16.2012

Harvest Soup Party

So excited to share with you the pictures from our Church's Harvest Party a few weekends ago!
We had so much fun preparing the decorations, soups and food for this party! 
I am so happy with how everything turned out! 
We had a soup party, where everyone brings their own soup.
At the end, everyone voted on the best soups!
We took normal frames from around the house and replaced the pictures with Harvest Sayings.

Given more time, I would have loved to paint words on the big pumpkins.
With the little amount of time we had we opted for sharpie. :) It works!
Small pumpkins for the kids to paint. 
Picture frame and a Cinnamon Pumpkin Tea-light holder. 
To learn how to make these check out upcoming posts!
I loved this easy back drop! All of our decorations were depending on cut out leaves! 
We taped them onto string and hung them behind the food table. 
Paper bunting banners.

Pumpkin Cheesecake. Yum!
We made sure to have a kids table, since soup isn't always so kid friendly.
Bread baskets for dipping.
We numbered and labeled each soup so people knew which ones to vote for. 
Clever Zachary thought of this play on words.
Gooey Butter Pumpkin Cake Check out how to make this delicious-ness, here
Homemade Carmel. Recipe coming soon!
This was the winner of the night! It was so delicious! I can't wait to get the recipe!
Our Butternut Bisque came in 7th. 
It was delicious but doesn't compare to meat & cheese filled chili's and stews!
We got tons of small coups so people could try all 12 soups!
The dessert table
For a kids activity we provided paint and baby pumpkins for them to paint.
They loved it!

Have you had a Harvest Party or a soup party this year?
If not, I highly recommend it! 
It was so much fun!

3 comments :

Rosemary Sandiford said...

Oh wow! That looks fab! I love soups wish I could have been there lol.

Liz Brown said...

I had so much fun decorating for fall too ... I dressed up pumpkins. :) But now I can't wait to start in on Christmas.

Teresa said...

Oh my goodness can dad and brittany and I just come over there for Thanksgiving this all looks so delicious and amazing.
Love you both so much.
Momma Mosby

Pin It button on image hover