10.11.2012

Neiman Marcus Brownies Review

These look so much prettier than mine!

Anyone craving some ridiculously sweet blonde brownies? If so, these goodies are for you! 

They only take 5 ingredients, which makes this dessert, super easy! 
Mix 1 yellow cake mix, 1/2 cup of butter & 1 egg. 
Spread onto a greased baking pan.

Next mix 1 box of cream cheese, 1 lb of powdered sugar, and 2 eggs together.
Spoon out over the cake crust. 
Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes, or until cake is golden brown on top and done through.
Let cool completely before slicing. 

My thoughts/opinions:
These were extremely sweet! I think I would reduce the amount of sugar and add nuts to the top, to take away from the sweetness. I loved the crust though! 
And tasted much better the next day with coffee!

My Recipe
1 box yellow cake mix
3 eggs
1/ 2 to 2/3 c powdered sugar
1 box cream cheese
1/2 c butter
1 c nuts of choice

1. Mix together 1 egg, cake mix and butter.
2. Place on greased baking pan.
3. Mix cream cheese, nuts, sugar and 2 eggs. 
4. Pour on top of crust.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.

Enjoy!

4 comments :

Unknown said...

Dear Heather, I am drooling at work because those brownies sound Amazing! I'll be saving that recipe for later.

Ruthie Hart said...

youre killin me girl!! These look amazing!

Positively Amy said...

These look delicious! I love blonde brownies!

Unknown said...

5 ingredients and yellow cake! Sounds great! I love blonde brownies and I love sweets in general. I tHink I will slice them into little squares and then triangles since they are so sweet. I must try this, will let you know when I do!

Pin It button on image hover